Still delirious from Germany’s beautiful win last night, I thought it fitting to do my Liebster award nomination today :-) Liebster is German and means; sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. Niiiiice!
The lovely Lauren and Eleni of Sweet Tea and Bombshells had a wonderfully generous idea to nominate all of their (then) about 30 followers for the Liebster Award. Sure they bent the rules a little but blogging essentially takes place in a community and I think it was a mighty kind gesture of them to pay it forward in that way as its a real confidence booster for us newbie bloggers. So thanks girls!
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you and display the Liebster Award
- State the Liebster Award rules
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them
My answers to Lauren and Eleni’s questions:
1. What are the top 3 items on your wish list? Why?
Steve Madden heels, Guess handbag and Forever New evening dress. These are items I’ve already seen in store and have my eye on and want NOW. They are not long-term wish list items.
2. What is your favourite memory from the past?
It would probably be playing all sorts of fun games with my siblings when we were younger. Armed with nothing more than household and garden items and our imagination.
3. The first thing that comes to mind when I say: PINK!
Yay! My favourite colour!
4. Are you more of a clothing or makeup girl?
Definitely a clothing girl.
5. What is your favourite word and why? Use it in a sentence.
Bru. It’s a South African word and is used to informally address friends. Much like Americans use the word “dude” and Australians use “mate”. I love it because it’s so short and versatile; it just slips out of my mouth whenever I see my friends! Example: “My Bru! Did you hear that new song by Beyonce?” OR “My bru! Howzit going?”
6. What is to this day, the funniest moment from your past? Does it still make you laugh just thinking of it?
Considering my brother, sister and I got up to so much mischief when we were younger, there’s quite a lot! But if I had to choose it would be the day a litre of paint rolled down from the roof of our house while my Dad was busy painting and onto my brother! My Mom still has his clothes of that day as a reminder, full of red paint!
7. What is your favourite city?
My home city Cape Town!
8. What does the colour purple taste like?
Purple makes me think of the soap sweets I used to eat when I was younger. So it would be sour at first then develop into a sugary sweet taste when dissolving on my tongue. Mmmmb& nostalgia!
9. If you could eat only savoury or sweet things for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Sweet, sweet, sweet!
10. Write a funny maid of honor speech for your best friend.
Bearing in mind that besides my hubby, my sister is my bff, here’s my short speech for her. So my lil sis is all grown up. I still remember your first day of school when you ran out of the class as the school bell rang, crying and shouting “Please don’t leave me here!” That day my heart broke into a million pieces. So I spent every day at break time watching you play on the jungle jim just to put you at ease and of cause to make sure that you were okay. My friends thought it was totally unnecessary but I couldn’t care less what they thought. Then there were our many experiments; weird sandwich combinations (which we ate!), making handbags (from Mom’s scatter cushions covers!) and staying up until the early hours of the morning to test cheat codes on Playstations games. And let’s not forget the time we drank a whole 5 litre jug of grape juice by ourselves in 15 minutes flat! We just couldn’t stop! Yes my sister, we have lots of good memories and I’m very glad that our bond is still as strong as ever. Whenever either of us needs to talk we can just grab our phones and type whatever is bothering us and the other will instantly put our worries at ease. Congrats Nate, I wish you and your hubby a long and happy life together. You deserve nothing less.
I don’t know about funny, but it’s definitely from the heart :-)
11. You know that your best friend has cheated on her boyfriend, but he’s a really nice guy. Do you tell him? Why or why not?
I’ve learnt from experience not to get involved in friends’ matters of the heart as emotions run high and it just leads to unnecessary bad vibes. So I would not tell him. What I would do though is to tell her to be honest with her boyfriend herself.
11 random facts about me:
- I have the naughtiest dog ever, who I love to bits!
- I rarely season my food with sauces because I think it just spoils the taste instead of enhancing it.
- I take horoscopes somewhat seriously but I always read them when I get the chance.
- My favourite flowers are Tulips but I have yet to receive a bunch of them L
- I loathe spicy food!
- I love going on road trips and exploring unknown little towns.
- I detested Science as a subject in high school.
- My ultimate dream is to live in the countryside.
- I dislike frogs and have a major grossed put phobia of them!
- I had big fascination with astrology and UFO conspiracy theories when I was younger (and secretly still do).
- Whatbs Eating Gilbert Grape is the one movie I can watch over and over again.
B Blogs I nominate:
I’ve only been blogging for about two months now so I don’t follow that many blogs yetB and I don’t have a big following either but these are the blogs I nominate:
My 11 questions for the blogs I nominate:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Name your top 3 movies of all time.
- What is the key to happiness?
- The beach or the mountainside?
- What is the one question you wish people would ask you about yourself?
- What are the qualities you look for in a bff?
- If you could have any job, regardless of qualifications or experience, what would it be?
- If a genie granted you 3 wishes, what would it be?
- If money was not an option, what would you go out and buy right NOW?
- If you could go back in time, what is the one piece of advice you would give your younger self?
- How do you decide which blogs to follow?
Have fun and lets keep this wonderful initiative going!
xxx GVR6 xxx