If you’re a South African, I’m sure you’re familiar with the Local is Lekker phrase. It celebrates and promotes everything proudly South African. This phrase was the inspiration for a new series on my blog – Local Travel is Lekker. I’m an avid supporter of local South African travel and feel extremely blessed to live in this beautiful country. Therefore I’ve decided to feature like-minded bloggers and travellers who share my Local Travel is Lekker sentiment and hopefully this series will inspire our South African citizens to get out there and explore this exquisite country.
This week’s featured blogger is Neeta from Love Art By Neeta.
1) What do you love most about South Africa?
What I love most about South Africa, is the multicultural rainbow nation we live in, the diversity, warm South African welcome we spread amongst one another.
2) What is your first local travel memory?
My first Travel memory was exploring the Eastern Cape with family, I recall going on long road trips.
3) What’s your favourite place to visit in your hometown?
Born in the Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth, it would definitely be Hobbie Beach; the ocean is my favourite destination.
4) What’s on your South African travel bucket list?
Paragliding in Cape Town over the most beautiful scenes.
5) What are your top tips for planning a local getaway?
- Pack insect repellent
- Travel light
- Keep hydrated, carry plenty water and some re-hydrate in case.
- Pack comfortable shoes
- Cleanser and a good moisturizer
- Camera or phone camera of a good quality is essential for any trip.
6) Where can we follow your blog?
Facebook page: Loveartbyneeta
How Do I Jump on the Local Travel is Lekker taxi?
That concludes this week’s Local Travel is Lekker blogger feature. Be sure to stop by every week to be inspired by another local traveller and awaken your own wanderlust for local South African travel. Join the conversation on social media with the Local Travel is Lekker hashtag. And if you’re interested in participating, get in touch with me!
Featured image: Neeta Raga-Dullabh